AHVAP is strengthened by the skills, experience, and diversity of its members. Member Volunteers made this organization what it is today and are the key to its future. We hope you will get involved by volunteering for at least one of the committees.
Interested in joining a committee? Please contact the AHVAP office
Annual Conference Planning Committee
Co-Chair: Wanda Lane
(Certified Value Analysis Healthcare Professional)
Chair: Shannon Candio
Chair Elect: OPEN
The CVAHP Committee is Board appointed to provide oversight for AHVAP’s Healthcare Value Analysis Certification. The Committee serves as the liaison between AHVAP and the service providers that manage the education modules, testing process, and candidate processing and tracking. They solicit feedback about the process and educational content from students who have completed the education modules, and those who have successfully completed certification, as well as coordinate review and revisions to the curriculum and test questions.
Educational Development Committee
Chair: Chris Hannon
Meets 3rd Thurs of the month quarterly at 11 am Central time.
The primary purpose of the Committee is to encourage, facilitate and promote year-round educational offerings to enhance the training and qualifications of AHVAP members and others.
- Gathering information about educational needs of members in order to facilitate and develop educational offerings
- Working with outside organizations to coordinate joint or sponsored educational activities and events that are consistent with the Vision, Mission and Purpose of AHVAP
- Applying for CE’s for participation and completion of AHVAP sponsored educational events as applicable
- Provides direction and oversight for sub-committees
- Reviews credentials and qualifications of speakers and relevance of presentations and materials for AHVAP members.
- Maintain and grow our online Educational Resource Library offerings by gathering and posting best practice forms used by our membership. To submit a document to be added to the library, please email it to email@example.com
Regional Meeting Archives (members only)
Industry and Business Education Collaborative (IBEC)
Chair: Barbara Strain
Vice-chair: Gloria Graham
Board Advisor: Robin Lane
The purpose of the Industry Business Education Collaborative (IBEC) is to educate healthcare based industry suppliers, organizations and associations about the principle concepts of value analysis.
IBEC executes agreements designed primarily as reciprocal educational opportunities with professional organizations. AHVAP provides educational opportunities on a variety of value analysis topics to industry suppliers, organizations and associations. In return industry suppliers, organizations and associations may provide either content experts, educational programs or support-in-kind to AHVAP and its members as well as the development of joint white papers and articles aimed at promoting value analysis in healthcare.
Committee Archives (members only)
Chair: Kim Hilliard
Board Advisor: Susan Miller
Meets 4th Thursday of month at 2 pm Central time
Chair: Jeffiny Shutts
Vice-chair: Laura Polson
Meets 4th Thursday of the month at 10 am Central time
- Promote AHVAP information, recognition, communication, and professional resources for members on the site as the front line to prospective members
- Include links with additional resources that bring value to members
- Promote professional networking within the membership
Social Media Subcommittee (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Support communication and industry networking for value analysis
- Capture younger generational audience
- Prepare content for quarterly Newsletter for distribution to members
- Contribute articles to report on organizational activities, member recognition and appreciation, best practices in healthcare value analysis, education, and industry events
- Review and edit articles submitted for publication for relevance of content for AHVAP members.
Video/YouTube Production Subcommittee
- Organizational Promotion and Recognition through videos
Past President's Committee
Chair: Susan Knapp
Chair Elect: Robin Lane
The purpose of this committee is to provide a forum for former AHVAP presidents to continue to support the vision and mission of AHVAP through the 4 pillars:
The Past Presidents possess the professional and Board knowledge and experience needed to strengthen, promote and support the organization. They lend a historical perspective to proposed initiatives and are a valuable resource to the Board and all members.
- Maintain the archives
- Serve on Nomination Committee
- Serve as Speakers per requests to fulfill IBEC agreements
- Serve as Preceptors
- Be a resource for questions about CVAHP curriculum, exam and handbook
- Create and distribute letters of recognition to the senior leadership of AHVAP Board Members
- Assist in establishment of scholarship fund